Monday, July 1, 2013

Day #1

We made it!! After 19 hours of sitting in an airplane, we are comfortably sitting at a boarding-house in Nairobi, Kenya. All of our luggage was accounted for, and we didn't have any problems. Thanks for the prayer!!

We got in around 12:00 AM, and slept until 10:30. (I must say, sleep never felt so good!) After eating breakfast, (or, I guess, lunch...) we ladies went to the mall. (Which was quite an experience, I must say!) I could never go into all of the details, but many of the fun(ny) moments included a stand in the mall selling roasted-corn-on-a-stick, us trying on BIG crazy wigs, and buying some flip-flops and a toy giraffe from a street-vendor.

We enjoyed our "recovery day," but are ready to start work tomorrow. We are going to the pastors' conference to share with the ladies and/or any youth that come. I have two lessons prepared, but when we were walking through the mall, I was talking to one of the women that came with us. As we were talking, a new lesson hit me like a ton of bricks! GOD revealed that we need to have the faith and trust of little children, when it comes to our relationship with HIM.(I will share more about it after I get a chance to read my BIBLE and write some things down.) But this will surely be a new one for me to share!

We are all very tired, but very happy. None of us have gotten sick, so thanks for praying for that. (But please keep those prayers up! The dinner we ate tonight might have been a bit of a mistake... it didn't taste quite right.)

I will do my best to keep everyone updated! I cannot wait to see what GOD is going to do on this trip.
Keep up those prayers!! We appreciate it. :)


Hannah Wilson


(I thought I would share a picture of where we are currently staying... This is the "Mennonite House" in Nairobi, Kenya.)

No comments:

Post a Comment