Monday, September 23, 2013

Made It To Nairobi!!

Well, it's time for me to start Blogging again!! I probably should have tried writing before now, but things were too busy...
But, I am here now!!

We left the states on the 21st of September. Surprisingly enough, the plane ride was fairly easy! I sat on a row with Mary, Noah, and Samuel. I made some videos with my handy, little camera for the Vlog channel on YouTube. (I will post a link so you can watch videos about the stuff we are doing, too!)

I slept a good deal of the flight. (Thank God for Dramamine!!!) And me and Mary figured out how to lift the armrest so she could lay her head in my lap.

The food on the flight was actually good! (Except for the fish and egg sandwich they tried to give me...) I remembered how nasty the food was on our last trip, and I was happily surprised with the food. Mary, on the other hand, was not impressed at all. In fact, I thought her reaction was so funny, I took a small video of that too.

We flew British Airways, so all of the flight attendants had awesome accents. In fact, I became pretty good friends with a Scottish flight attendant. He ended up sitting down next to me and Mary, and talking with us for the first 20 minutes of the flight. And after the trip was over, he wished us all good luck in our new home.

Our time in London, though very short, was quite enjoyable!
We learned about how to time out getting on the buses, (it's harder than you would think!) We saw LOTS of the pretty flats and cottages. We attempted to eat at a pub called, "The Pheasant," but they were completely booked! So instead, we went to a McDonald's...

I really wish we could have stayed longer, but our flight was waiting. When I am older, old enough to travel, I want to go back and stay for an extended visit. I really liked what I saw of London, and I would love to see more of it.

The second flight was not as great. By that flight, we were all sore from the last ride, carrying our bags, going through the endless line of customs, and so on...
I did sleep on that flight, but not nearly as well as I would have liked. Needless to say, no video was taken on that flight........

And now, here we are in Nairobi!! Our long, 10-hour flights are done!!

We ate yummy, full meal at the Java House. Afterwards, we came to the Mennonite House to get some much-need, much-wanted rest.

We are still here today. in fact, we are getting ready to eat breakfast. Our long, painful 10-hour flights are done!! The only flight we have left is the 1-hour flight to Kitale.

I cannot wait to be in our Kenyan home!! I cannot wait to see my friend, Melody, who came with me and my mother on our last trip, but she stayed in Kitale.
I cannot wait to see Pastor Richard and Mama Helen. (The couple who run the children's home and feeding station.) And I cannot wait to see all of the children, the friends I made on our previous time here.

Melody has informed us that all of the children, including our little Elizabeth, have been counting down the days until we come.

Kitale, Kenya will never be the same...

Many blessing,
Hannah Wilson

Here is a link to our YouTube page. Please Subscribe, and we will keep you updated.

No comments:

Post a Comment