Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Changes...

Yes, I know, it's been awhile... But nothing much has happened since my last update. We have found a few things to keep us busy.
I went to a birthday party on Sunday afternoon. We went to the "Splash-Pad" on Monday, and little brother, C, got sick that evening. Today we went to the toystore. And tomorrow I get my braces fixed. (I broke them already!! )
Finding little things like these help to take our minds off missing Dad. But our anticipation grows every day, because he comes home on Saturday!!
Super excited!!!
I can already tell he has changed. And I know I have learned that there is much room for change for me, as well...

I take so much for granted, without even realizing it.
My Dad not being here for two weeks has taught me how much he does, with so little recognition... The same goes for my Mom. I have learned that they do so much "behind-the-scene" work to make our ship run smoothly and never get thanked. Seeing how much my parents miss one another has shown me even more about godly marriage.
I have seen that I have a horrible attitude when things don't go "just right" for me. I know I am never fully content. I have it so much better than all the people in Kenya put together, and I can never be "happy."

But I want to live the life God has planned for me. I want His plan to be my plan. And that's what I plan to do.

                                                            Hannah
  

1 comment:

  1. You are a gifted writer, Hannah. What a wonderful woman you are.
    I love you,
    Daddy

    ReplyDelete